What's a Home Improvement Consultation, & Why Do I Need One?
We say it all the time: “I don’t know what I don’t know.”
This is just as true in the home improvement industry as it is anywhere else.We were brought in by a client for a consultation on a plumbing project that they received an estimate for. The project was to move the tub and toilet a few feet over to make room for a larger vanity and more moveable space.
The estimate they received from the plumber was over 60k.
Had our client not sought counsel, they’d be stuck with a larger loan than most of our vehicles just to move a tub.
When you book a Home Improvement Consultation with You Name It, you’ll get a comprehensive walkthrough and professional guidance to help you determine what does and doesn’t need to be repaired or replaced in and around your home.
3 Stages of Home Exterior Upkeep
Maintaining your home is inevitable, and every homeowner should factor it into home buying costs and budgeting.
- Painting the exterior (siding and trim)
- Staining and/or sealing decks
- Power-washing siding, decks, and patios
- Cleaning gutters
- Keeping moss off the roof
- Inspecting the caulking and sealing around windows and doors
Keeping up with regular maintenance can help you avoid the need to repair.
- Performing small “fix-it” jobs on siding, roofing, trim, windows, and doors
- Preventing more serious damage from occurring
- Dealing with trouble spots the way they should have been dealt with to begin with – not relying on so-called “short-cuts”
The need for replacements can be avoided by keeping up with repairs and regular maintenance. (Do you see a pattern?)
- Replacing large amounts of siding, which can lead to…
- Replacing multiple windows and/or doors at once, which can lead to…
- Involving multiple systems of the home, such as framing, drywall, and insulation, which can lead to…
- Potentially involving electrical and plumbing
Having a home improvement consultation, especially before starting to build or remodel, benefits every homeowner, whether you just bought your house or you’ve lived there for decades, or even if you’re looking to sell!
A home improvement consultation with the pros at You Name It is ideal for anyone who would like to add more liveable space to their home or safely alter their existing space and features. It’s ideal for anyone who knows that their house needs work, but doesn’t know where to begin!
- To advocate for homeowners
- To educate on the process of maintaining, repairing, and replacing areas of your home
- To create a safe place for you to ask the questions you need answered
- To make sure you get the best quality and experience for dollars spent
- To offer support and translation when working with home improvement companies
- To make sure homes are being taken care of in the long term
- To help make your home safe, happy, and a place you feel proud to show off